How We Do This:
We are passionate about food and we believe in wholesome, nutritious ingredients. That is why we are committed to using items that are healthier for both our bodies and the planet.
- Featuring seasonal and regionally available ingredients in our menus
- Sourcing from on-site gardens, local farmers and small producers, and participating in year round community supported agriculture(CSA) programs
- Serving sensible portions of animal proteins
- Offering a variety of vegetarian, vegan, and gluten free options
- Purchasing sustainable seafood, that follows the Monterey Bay Aquarium’s Seafood Watch program recommendations
- Minimizing the use of MSG and products that contain MSG
- Sourcing non-growth hormone-added local milk as well as offering soy and almond milk
- Offering a variety of whole grain breads, pastas, rice and cereals
- Using trans-fat free oils-including non-GMO soy oils that are produced in a “green” facility
- Offering USDA Organic, Shade Grown, Fair Trade and Rainforest Alliance coffees and teas
- Accommodating nutritional and dietary requests
Food Allergies and Special Diets
Please contact the food service director Ross Keller at email@example.com to discuss any special dietary needs. We will do our best to meet your needs if you have a food allergy, but we do ask that you be your own advocate.
If You Have Allergies:
1. Pay Attention To Entree Names:
Dishes made with common allergens often have the allergen mentioned in the entree name.
2. Get To Know The Chefs:
Simple conversations with a chef in your daily visit to the dining halls can make your dining experience a lot easier. A chef can go over ingredients used in recipes and explain how the meal was prepared.
3. Read Labels and Be Familiar with our Allergy Icons:
Our chefs and managers will be happy to tour the kitchen with you, so you can view labels of the foods you’ll be eating. We also recommend you become very familiar with our allergy icons. These allergy icons are used for all of our prepared food, to tell you what allergens each dish contains.
4. When In Doubt:
If there is ever a question about an item, we recommend you avoid eating it.